The breast imaging specialists at Medical Imaging of Lehigh Valley (MILV) work closely with Breast Health Services at the Lehigh Valley Health Network at multiple sites throughout the valley to ensure patients receive high level compassionate care. Our breast imagers are highly trained and are held to higher standards than required including more interpreted mammograms and procedures annually. Our team provides patients with access to advanced imaging services including 2D and 3D mammograms, breast ultrasound, breast MRI, and image guided breast biopsy.
Our offered services include:
- Screening Mammography-A screening mammogram is a routine preventative measure recommended once a year for women aged 40 and above.
- Diagnostic Mammography- A diagnostic mammogram evaluates a specific problem such as an abnormality on a recent screening mammogram or a lump.
- 3D Mammography- Also known as tomosythesis, this newest and most advanced technology in mammography allows for improved early cancer detection.
- Breast Ultrasound-Allows for a closer look at findings seen on a mammogram and areas felt as lumps. This test demonstrates whether a mass is a solid mass or cyst.
- Breast MRI-Advanced imaging test allowing for screening high risk patients for breast cancer and getting more information to plan treatment for known breast cancer.
- Breast Biopsy-If an area requires biopsy based on the mammogram and/or ultrasound, we are able to provide this service. The procedure is minimally invasive allowing us to sample the area and get the results within a few days. This biopsy can be performed using ultrasound, stereotactic or MRI guidance.
Please click here to schedule your examination and review our downloadable guide.
The MILV breast imagers are passionate about women’s health and we are committed to doing everything we can to support our patients. We continually strive to promote community awareness regarding breast cancer and work closely with our colleagues in a multidisciplinary setting.