Medical Imaging of Lehigh Valley, P.C. (“MILV”) is a private radiology practice with its main location in Allentown, PA. In 1977, we established a private radiology practice known as ASH Radiology Associates, Inc., with seven radiologists providing service for Lehigh Valley Hospital (formerly Allentown and Sacred Heart Hospital).
As the Lehigh Valley market area has developed, and as Lehigh Valley Health Network has become a Level I trauma center and has expanded its specialty service lines and physician network, MILV has also developed its group of radiologists to meet these demands – both in the number of radiologists needed for the volume of work and also in the clinical areas that the hospital has developed over time.
MILV’s Historical Timeline:
- 1977 – ASH Radiology Associates, Inc. formed
- 1988 – Opened Lehigh Magnetic Imaging Center (LMIC) in a joint venture with Lehigh Valley Hospital
- 1989 – Opened Lehigh Valley Diagnostic Imaging (LVDI) in a joint venture with Lehigh Valley Hospital
- 1993 – Merged with Allentown Radiological Associates, Inc. to form Medical Imaging of Lehigh Valley, P.C.
- 1999 – Became provider of radiology services at Lehigh Valley Hospital – Muhlenberg in Bethlehem, PA
- 2001 – Launched internal Nighthawk Program to address the growing needs of Lehigh Valley Hospital’s Emergency Department
- 2007 – Became provider of interventional radiology services at Pocono Medical Center in East Stroudsburg, PA.
- 2007 – Launched first PET/CT service in the Lehigh Valley through LVDI joint Venture
- 2012 – MILV develops dedicated Pediatric Radiology team in response to the unveiling of Lehigh Valley Children’s Hospital
- 2013 – Became provider of radiology services and management of outpatient imaging services at Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Hospital in Allentown, PA.
- 2014 – Became provider of radiology services at Lehigh Valley Hospital – Hazleton
- 2014 – Merging of the two joint ventures to form Lehigh Valley Imaging, Inc.
2014 – Became provider of radiology services at Sacred Heart Hospital, Allentown, PA
- 2016 – Expanded IR service at Pocono Medical Center to include all imaging services.
- 2017 – Became provider of radiology services at Lehigh Valley Hospital – Schuylkill in Pottsville, PA.
- 2017 – Became provider of interventional radiology services for Blue Mountain Health Network in Lehighton, PA.
- 2017 – Through its joint venture, we installed the first 512 Slice CT unit in the Lehigh Valley to further develop and meet the needs of the cardiac programs of Lehigh Valley Health Network.
Our group has provided both leadership and clinical expertise in the development of Breast Health Services – an LVH program and the leading provider of women’s imaging in the Lehigh Valley. Our group has also developed a neurointerventional radiology program and we coordinate care with the neurology and neurosurgery programs at LVHN. MILV continues to be on the cutting edge of technology, implementing a successful cardiac imaging program with coronary artery CTA and cardiac MRI, and we have recently developed a virtual colonoscopy program (VCT). In MRI, we have developed both breast MRI and Functional MRI (fMRI) programs. Our MRI center is the fourth busiest center in Pennsylvania.
Today, MILV is the largest radiology group in eastern Pennsylvania and one of the largest private practice radiology groups in the nation. Our 80 radiologists provide services on over one million exams annually and with our focus on the delivery of quality radiology services, we have become the provider of choice in our area. This focus on quality and service to our patients, physician community and hospital has allowed our group to recruit radiologists from first rate programs with excellent training and skill sets. Over the past five years, our group has successfully recruited multiple fellowship trained radiologists for the specialty areas of women’s imaging, interventional and neurointerventional radiology, neuroradiology, musculoskeletal imaging, cardiothoracic imaging, pediatric imaging and nuclear medicine.
Regardless of the size of our practice, we continue to focus on quality, service and technology to provide a highest level of care to our patients, clinicians and hospital.